Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Boat House


The Boat House
Originally uploaded by UpstateNYPhototaker
I had a chance to take a quick boat ride on Galway Lake after work today. The ice went off the lake sometime within the last few days. This is the earliest I can ever remember the ice leaving the lake. The weather was overcast, the temps were in the low 40s on the lake and I couldn't be happier to be on the water again!

I was hoping to get close enough to get some shots of the waterfowl that was coming back to the area but was not stealthy enough with my oars that creak like old floorboards and my rowboat held together with fiberglass patch and spare sheet metal. I did manage to see some bufflehead, mallards, common mergansers, hooded mergansers and more Geese than I have ever seen in one place.

The water was calm and this mustard yellow boat house with a beautiful reflection looked nice against the drab background. Hopefully this weekend will afford me the opportunity to get some shots.

This one was shot with the 80-200 F/2.8 - @ F/7.1, 1/160, 92mm (kinda random settings, I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment