Friday, November 20, 2009

Around the Bend


Around the Bend
Originally uploaded by UpstateNYPhototaker
Going through some photos from this past year, I decided I liked this shot better than I did before. I like how the stream bends out of the frame. I will certainly miss scenes like this when winter sets in up here in Upstate, NY. The November weather has been beautiful but it's coming soon. This stream is the Alplaus Kill in Charlton, NY. It is not too well known but is one of the prettier streams I have been on. Once upon a time it was loaded with eels. Alplaus or "Aalplatts" is a Dutch word for "Place of Eels." The Alplaus was also once home to many mills. The damming of the mills killed off all of the eels and modern technology killed off all of the mills. Such is life.Please check out the gallery below for more photos of the area. Please visit my Zenfolio Gallery if you would like to purchase any of what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment