Thursday, April 29, 2010

Split Rock Falls

I just got home from a long day of working in the Adirondacks. I stopped along the way to some of my favorite haunts and took a few photos. This one of Split Rock Falls on the Bouquet River is probably my favorite from the day.

Split Rock Falls is located in Elizabethtown, NY in the Northeast Adirondack Mountains. It is EXTREMELY dangerous. MANY young people have lost their lives jumping into the turbulent waters here. It is an extremely inviting set of falls for jumping but during the spring months the hydraulics of the falls can pull a person under and keep them there. Ledges exist under the water and if a person is pulled under one of those ledges it can be extremely tragic.

I took this one with the Nikkor 18-105mm "kit lens" and the D90. It was taken with an aperture of f/16 and a shutter speed of 1/2 second. The lighting was terrible and I used a Cokin polarizer and a Cokin graduated ND filter as well to get that slow shutter and blur the water. This photo will eventually make my Zenfolio page and for now it is on Flickr.

ZENFOLIO

No comments:

Post a Comment