Sunday, October 3, 2010

How Many Adirondack Autumns Has This Barn Seen?

I love old barns. Each one tells it's own story and this barn is no exception. This barn sits on Route 9N/73 in Keene, NY along the High Peaks Scenic Highway. If I were to guess that 1000 people stopped and photographed this barn today alone, I would probably be on the low side.There was a steady stream of cars coming and going and I saw an impressive array of photography equipment coming and going as well.

I have passed this barn at least 50 times in my life and each time have thought this would make a great photo. Today, with the fall color in full stride, it was a no brainer. I don't think this barn could be placed in a more picturesque spot. Taken with the D90, 18-105VR and a Cokin Polarizer to tame the sky and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment