Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Adirondacks

I had a chance to get up to the Adirondacks on Saturday morning. I left Schenectady at around 5am to try and get up there for the sunrise. It was in the negative numbers (-2F to be exact) when I got up there around 7am and didn't really start warming up until much later. My Nikon didn't really like the weather and it took a while for it to warm up and stop groaning.

2 of the shots you see in the slide show below were taken this past summer (I think they will be obvious :) and the other two were taken Saturday. The photo of the foot prints were actually taken on the frozen pond that can be seen in the summer photos. If you look closely in that winter photo you can see the beaver dam from the summer photo far off in the distance.

The photo of the Ausable River isn't quite as impressive as it was in person. Being as cold as it was there was a good deal of steam coming up from the river. The light that was touching those distant trees was quite impressive. It's hard to imagine in just a few short months I'll be fly fishing again in that same area.

Anyone visiting the Wilmington/Lake Placid area I highly recommend the Hungry Trout Restaurant (5239 Route 86 Wilmington, NY). It is a stone's throw from where these photos were taken and the atmosphere and food is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment