Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guardian of the Sunflowers

I have heard it said amongst photographers that you should "shoot for the light" because everything looks interesting in good light. I definitely find some truth to that, but a field of sunflowers is interesting in almost all types of light.

As mentioned in my previous post I set out last night to try and find a sunflower field that I knew existed in Montgomery County. Sheer luck and some decent guess work lead me straight to this field. I was hoping to find it with a beautiful sunset behind it but it wasn't to be.

I think I did a decent job with the light I had and finding this old tree along the roadside certainly helped to add some drama to the scene.

I hope to get another crack at this scene in some better light, preferably a sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment