Sunday, August 22, 2010

Horses at Sunrise

Sunrises can be hit or miss. When you work a full time job and the weekends are pretty much your main photography time, it can be a big investment getting up at 4:45am to get some shooting time in. It is especially tough if you don't have a spot really planned out and you are just winging it.

That was the case here. I knew that it was going to be a nice morning so I got up early and set out to make a nice photograph. I had to park on the side of the road near this farm in West Charlton and get up onto the roof of my car to shoot over the fence. I could have walked up to the fence, but I definitely didn't want to trespass.

The 80-200 F/2.8 was a no brainer here and I shot it at ISO 800 to help with the low light. There really wasn't a ton of post processing here. Some cropping and straightening of the horizon and some small changes in the color balance (namely making the photo a tad bit warmer).

No comments:

Post a Comment